In 2016, Google launched the Developer Agency Program in a move to help developers create high-end quality apps. The idea behind the program is to recognize agencies that “have undergone the required training and have demonstrated excellence in building Android applications.” Google will provide these agencies with personalized training, dedicated content, priority support and access to the company’s developer relations teams. Certified Agencies will also get early access to upcoming developer products and help with UX reviews.
The Google Developer Agency Program was only available in 21 countries, including India, USA, and Spain, to name a few.
But now, it’s coming to Nigeria and software development agencies in Nigeria can partake in this. Some of the benefits of the Google Developer Agency program include:
- Training on the latest Google APIs, developer technologies, and best practices
- Invitations to events specially designed for software development agencies
- Recognition and showcase opportunities
- Participation in Early Access programs
- 1:1 online support from Google
- UX reviews for apps
- Certification of Agencies
No words on when it would officially launch in Nigeria. However, if you own a software development agency or know someone who does, you can tell them to indicate their interest HERE.